Application for Press Credentials
To receive press credentials to cover Tanoshiicon, applicants must first pass a screening process, based on information about planned coverage, examples of previous Tanoshiicon coverage or coverage of similar events, a valid press pass (if applicable) and valid photo I.D., and other information as requested by Tanoshiicon staff. Applicants should keep in mind that, just because a given reporter or organization was approved in a prior year does not guarantee credentials for the current year.
Each approved organization will receive up to two complimentary press badges to attend the convention. Approved members of the Press will NOT need to register for an Tanoshiicon membership. Extra comp badges and press credentials will be provided only to those applicants that can provide a demonstrated need for more. All press badges are comped and must be obtained through the Press Registration process. Press access will not be given to any individuals who are not approved for a comped press badge.
The window for registration and exact procedures will be announced on the Tanoshiicon web site (announcements can also be received on Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr). Registrations at the door can only be made for exceptional circumstances.
Press Credentials: Privileges and Limitations
- Receipt of press credentials provides the following privileges:
- Access to press-only rooms such as special press interview rooms.
- Entrance to press conferences with guests, subject to space and time availability.
- Access to press-only seating when provided at Tanoshiicon events, subject to space availability and other restrictions.
- Press credentials are subject to the following limitations:
- Registered members of Press must obey all Tanoshiicon and West Chester University policies.
- Registered members of Press must arrange for and finance their own travel and room arrangements and food.
- Failure to comply with the Press policies as well as Tanoshiicon and West Chester University policies may result in revocation of Press Badge(s) and, in a worst case scenario, expulsion from the event.
Tanoshiicon Interview Procedures
Interviews with official Tanoshiicon guests must be requested and arranged through Tanoshiicon Press Relations staff. Only registered members of Press may request interviews with official Tanoshiicon guests. Interviews will be arranged as guest availability allows; simply requesting an interview does not guarantee that one will be arranged.
Tanoshiicon staff works with guests, their publicists and managers, and their industry reps to schedule the guests' time. This policy is necessary to avoid scheduling conflicts.
Ad Hoc Interviews
Proper Behavior of Registered Press
Registered members of Press are reminded to conduct themselves in a professional manner when acting in a press capacity. Professional behavior includes but is not limited to: showing respect to Tanoshiicon guests, staff and other participants; showing up early for scheduled interviews or press events, or notifying Tanoshiicon Press Relations staff of any delays; arriving prepared to conduct scheduled interviews; obeying the moderator's rules for any press conferences and complying to all photo restrictions, as conveyed by Tanoshiicon staff or by the guests themselves.
Since guests' time is limited, registered members of Press are asked to refrain from requesting autographs or personal photos with guests at the close of an interview. Photos of guests to accompany coverage are sometimes allowed, subject to the convenience of guests and to time constraints. All such photos must be prearranged at the time of scheduling the interview.